Thursday, August 2, 2012

Trip to the UK: Our version of "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"! Part 1

I was fortunate to be taken on another awesome vacation planned all by my husband!  He is great at planning and coordinating everything!  This year we just happened to be celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary too!  We will be every grateful to my parents who graciously kept both boys at our house this year!  Talk about easy planning for me!  Our first stop on the trip was London.  We flew from Kansas City to London.  I actually enjoy these flights because I am able to catch up on lots of "chick" flicks that I wouldn't get to watch otherwise.  We got to London that morning and we hit the ground running or should I say the underground (subway) and bus system!  I knew that I would have a hard time with my enormous suitcase in the subway but... how can you not take a big suitcase for two weeks of travel.  Please let me know if you can do it because I honestly thought about ditching that thing several times that first day!  We went to Windsor Castle (one of my favorites), Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Westminster Abby, Parliament, Big Ben and a few World War II Museums.  We of course had fish and chips to eat.  Adam navigated us through the bus and underground system perfectly.  It's nice not to have to even pay attention to those things!  I'm sure I would be lost on my own.  We weren't able to visit Buckingham Palace.  I'm not really sure what the deal was but it was probably in preparation for the upcoming Olympics.  We were also there at the time of the Queen's Jubilee and you talk about lots of people.  There were so many people there just trying to catch a glimpse of the Queen.  My favorite from London was Westminster Abby!  So much history in one building.  Here are a few pictures from our time in London.


Big Ben

Tower Bridge which now has the Olympic Rings displayed from it!

Parliament

Adam at Windsor Castle

This is London Bridge, not really impressive is it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment